I know we are all going a bit stir crazy as we stay home to keep not only ourselves, but everyone else safe. You’re probably bored, already finished all the seasons of shows you wanted to watch on Netflix, and thinking you won’t survive the boredom!
Here’s 19 date night-in ideas to help you get through the COVID-19 quarantine.
- Listen to your throwback playlist. Maybe you still have some mix tapes or CDs laying around somewhere. Pick the ones that were important to you while you two were dating and share music that was important to each of you earlier in life.
- Watch the sunset or sunrise. It’s always a romantic scene!
- Celebrate the year you met, got married or started dating by watching a popular movie or listening to music from that year.
- Cook a fancy dinner together. Cooking dinner is a great way to spend some quality time together. So much fun to be had in the kitchen! Bonus: Dress up and make it a candle lit dinner
4. b) Other kitchen date ideas: Have a cook-off. Pick a recipe and see who can make it best. Do a blind taste test. Choose some different foods, blindfold your partner, and have them try to guess what they’re eating. Take a cooking class online. YouTube is full of cooking videos.
- Have a picnic on the floor. Put down a blanket and enjoy the picnic in comfort of your living room!
- Have breakfast (or dinner) in bed. Pull out those TV trays and go all out.
- Stargaze in your backyard. Grab a blanket, go outside, lay down, look up, and be amazed. If live in the heart of a city, enjoy the city night view if you can’t see the stars.
- Make ice cream sundaes together.
- Have a karaoke night. Find songs with lyrics on YouTube and sing your little hearts out.
- Play board games. Loser does the dishes!
- Take a trip down memory lane with old photos or videos and spend some time reminiscing.
- Play video games together.
- Create a theme night. Choose a theme and do everything centered around it. If you choose an Italian theme, you could pasta or pizza and maybe some gelato, then watch a movie like The Godfather. Some other fun theme ideas: Mexican, Asian, Christmas, Greek, 1950’s, etc.
- Make homemade pizzas together.
- Write out the story of how you met and fell in love. Record yourselves telling your love story. It’s something you can show your (future) kids or when you are upset with one another, something you can go back and watch to remember how it all started. It’s amazing how much you will forget, so you’ll be so thankful later that you’ll have this to watch for years to come.
- Have a living room campout. Make indoor s’mores and tinfoil dinners in your oven. Make a blanket fort tent and pull out your blow-up mattress and sleeping bags.
- Have a movie marathon. Pick a theme (actor, genre, or series) and watch as many as you can.
- Do personality tests together. Cozy up on the couch and learn more about one another through online personality tests. Find out your partner’s love language, their Myers-Briggs personality type and Enneagram type.
- Take dance lessons in your living room. YouTube is full of how-to dance videos. Bring up a video on the big screen and have fun learning some new moves.